Bobby Fischer Memorial Standard Chess
This is a round robin tournament in honor of Bobby Fischer, born in 9 March 1943.
I would like to mention 2 quotes regarding Bobby Fischer:
“Chess is life.” by Bobby Fischer
“I regard Bobby Fischer as a mythological combination of sorts, a centaur if you will, a synthesis between man and chess.” – Garry Kasparov
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Standard' (30 days + 1 day/move, max 45 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by Darko.
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 1900 or over, and 2300 or under.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.