Attacking Space: Racing Kings Racing Kings
This variant is an exciting way to teach players to value space, and to understand the relationship between the pieces themselves. It values initiative and consequence in a way that instructs on the regular board when a player returns to the standard game. A creation of Vernon Rylands Parton, it is a wonderful addition to the site.
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- Please note that this is a Chess Variant tournament, all games will be played under 'Racing Kings' rules - please do not enter unless you wish to play this chess variant.
- The time control is 'Standard' (30 days + 1 day/move, max 45 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by nasmichael.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to established players (members, or trial members playing for at least one month).
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- The winner and first runner up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Senior Master norm.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.