2022 Chess Variants Tournament
About this tournament
Start date: 3/13/2022 12:00 AM
Tournament director: spoke
Dropout threshold: 31
General rules for dropout tournaments
- Number of rounds: The number of rounds played depends on the course of
the event and the number of participants, there will normally be a maximum of six
rounds played, or fewer if less than two players progress to a subsequent round.
If two or more players are tied for first place after six rounds, a seventh round
may be played.
- Pairings: In each round every player plays 2 games against different opponents,
pairings are setup at random. As long as possible players with same MP are paired
and rematches are avoided.
- Scoring: For each game, players will be assigned MALUS-Points
(MP) as follows - win: 0MP, draw: 1MP, loss: 3MP. Points are added over all rounds.
- Elimination: After each round, playerswith scores equal or greater than
the dropout threshold are eliminated fromthe tournament(the dropout threshold is
normally six, but may vary for specialised tournaments).
- Ranking: The player with the least MP after a maximum of six rounds is
the winner of the tournament. A seventh round may be played only if a clear winner
cannot be declared after six rounds.
- Time controls: Games are normally played under standard (30+1/max.45) time
controls, however some chess variant tournaments may use faster time controls.Unlike
other games on SchemingMind.com, time-outs will be enforced by
the system. Players who time-out in one game will bedisqualified from the remainder
of the tournament.
- Length of games: Because dropout tournaments have multiple rounds, all
games should be played with priority. Any game which is not decided within four
months of the round starting can either be adjudicated or allowed to continue in
parallel with the following round at the discretion of the TD. All decisions of
the TD are final.
- Kibitzing: Tournament games are normally public and kibitzing is encouraged,
however no coaching for either player please.