The Fossil Room Extinction Chess
And here we have the full fossil skeleton of a large Knightosaurus, which roamed the earth about 65 million moves ago in search of pawns and bishops to devour.
Recent science suggests the beast was feathered and may actually have mated for life and hunted in pairs. Pity the poor Queenadon who crossed the path of a hunting pair of these vicious beasts.
And now we'll break for lunch in the Rook Room!
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- Please note that this is a Chess Variant tournament, all games will be played under 'Extinction Chess' rules - please do not enter unless you wish to play this chess variant.
- The time control is 'Leisure' (30 days + 3 days/move, max 60 days).
- This mini-tournament was started by Eli Garcia.
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- The winner and first runner up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Senior Master norm.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 1799 or under.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.