Shostakovich Centenary Tournament Standard Chess
In honor of the great composer, Dmitri Shostakovich, born 100 years ago today on September 25 [o.s. September 12] 1906. 8 players in tribute to his towering 8th symphony.
- This is a knockout tournament.
- The primary and tiebreak games are assigned at random and hidden until both are completed.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Leisure' (30 days + 3 days/move, max 60 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by C. H. O'D. Schlechter.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 1900 or over.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.