MT-Serial - Step 1, group 5 Standard Chess
MT-Serial – Step 1, group 5
The tournament comprises a serial of 3 MTs, in step 1 and 2 with parallel groups. Total number of participants in Step 1 is 25, with qualification for the subsequent steps.
Course of the event:
Step 1, Preliminary Round: 5 MTs with 5 players (recruiting parallel, each player shall sign up in one group only, otherwise he’s disqualified from step 2). From each MT 3 players are qualified for Step 2.
Step 2, Semi-Final: In 3 MTs players with the same rank in Step 1 are playing together: All winners will play in a MT ‘Group#1’, runners-up on rank 2 are playing in ‘Group#2’ and those on rank three will play in ‘Group#3’.
Step 3, Final: The final is a MT with 6 participants. Qualified are the 3 best players from Group#1, the 2 best players from Group#2 and the winner from Group#3.
Tie break, if points are even (for all Steps):
1. better result from direct encounter of players involved,
2. lower(!) rating at the start date of the MT
- This Is a Double round robin tournament (all-play-all With both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Standard' (30 days + 1 day/move).
- This mini-tournament was started by spoke.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to established players (members, or trial members playing for at least one month).
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.