Jan Timman Tournament Standard Chess
Jan Timman (born 14 December 1951) is a Dutch chess Grandmaster who was one of the world's leading players from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. At the peak of his career he was considered to be the best non-Soviet player and was known as "The Best of the West"
He has won the Dutch Chess Championship nine times and has been a Candidate for the World Championship several times.
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Standard' (30 days + 1 day/move, max 45 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by Aadsje.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to established players (members, or trial members playing for at least three months).
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 1900 or over, and 2299 or under.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.