Guess the right name (see text tournament page) Standard Chess
This is a extra interesting tournament. You have the right to guess one name. Guess the right name already now on the Men's Chess World Champion the year 2016. Today the Men's Chess World Champion is Anand from India. But who will the Men's Chess World Champion be the year 2016? That will give you 10 extra points in this tournament. If you had most points also after playing all your 8 games - congratulations!!
You can even win this tournament if you had 0 points after all your played 8 games, but was the only who guessed the right name on the Men's Chess World Champion 2016!!
You have to guess the name on the Men's Chess World Champion 2016 before July 1, 2012. Write the name you guess on in a comment all can read in one of your played games in this tournament. Good Luck! But you will not win a SchemingMind Senior Master Norm because you have guessed the right name, that you can only win in traditional way: Playing good enough chess.
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Leisure' (30 days + 3 days/move, max 60 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by Space.
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- The winner and first runner up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Senior Master norm.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 2000 or over.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.