This game is being played under Three Checks rules. Click the 'info' tab for more information.1. e4 e6
Clock started on 5/30/20182. Nf3 d5 3. Bb5+ Ke7 4. d4 f6 5. e5 c6 6. exf6+ Nxf6 7. Nc3 Qa5 8. O-O Qc7 9. Nxd5+
The side which checks the opponent king for the third time, wins. Apart from that normal chess rules apply.
The game is played with standard chess pieces, using standard initial chess position. All normal chess rules are in place, with the following exceptions:
- the side which checks the opponent king for the third time immediately wins the game,
- there is no draw due to insufficient material to mate (K+N still can win against K) - except bare kings (those still draw).
Remaining standard game end conditions are still in place, in particular giving checkmate still wins and triple repetition allows a draw claim.
Note also, that:
- you must defend if you are under check even if you could give winning check (or mate) at the same time,
- you are not allowed to check with a king (the king is not allowed to approach the enemy king),
- double check counts as one check (you must check at three different moves to win the game).
Detailed game hints are yet to be developed after the game is adopted here. Some minimal suggestions:
- material balance is far less important than in standard chess, sacrificing piece for a check or to saturate opponent's king position is almost always a good idea (particularly strong are the moves which achieve both simultaneously: capture defending pawn or piece while checking),
- protecting the king is more difficult than in standard chess (simple pawn shelter may be easily destroyed by piece sacrifice),
- initiative is very important,
- it makes sense to keep some spare square empty near the king to make it possible to run away from check if it happens (shielding from check is ineffective, if your opponent checks you with bishop, rook or queen and you shield with pawn or a piece, then simple capture makes second check).
Some example games:
Sac Sac Sac - white throws knight, then queen to break the king shelter
Development matters - after black makes a few pointless opening moves, white shows how to exploit development lead
Straight towards the king - similar theme in better played game, white develops, the goes straight to the king via successive sacrifices
More examples welcome