Just Messing With You Upside Down Chess
Some observations about Upside Down Chess:
- Every game ends in stalemate immediately because the pieces are in the way of the pawns, and vice-versa. Oh, you think the knights can move? Don't be silly. White horses can't jump.
- Pawns can still move forward two squares, but no one ever does that because the pawn would fall off the edge of the board and die. (SchemingMind disallows these moves.)
- Castling is allowed, but only after 256 moves from each side, and even then, normal limitations on castling apply.
- The rooks can bring their catapults from Stanley, but they don't get to use them, nor can they swap positions.
- This is a single round robin tournament (one game against each of the other players).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- Please note that this is a Chess Variant tournament, all games will be played under 'Upside Down Chess' rules - please do not enter unless you wish to play this chess variant.
- The time control is 'Fast' (10 days + 1 day/move, max 30 days).
- This mini-tournament was started by Thomas Jacob Kelly.
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- The winner and first runner up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Senior Master norm.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.