Benedict with Restricted Opening: READ BELOW! Benedict Chess
This is a tournament to explore some of the lesser played benedict openings. To avoid the standard (winning for white) line, white must either:
Play a different first move than 1. e3
Play a different second move than 2. Qe2
Anything else is acceptable - I am convinced this still leaves White plenty of advantageous options, but it should at least force the games into somewhat more unknown terrain!
- This is a double round robin tournament (all-play-all with both colours).
- One point is awarded for each win, half a point for a draw.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- Please note that this is a Chess Variant tournament, all games will be played under 'Benedict Chess' rules - please do not enter unless you wish to play this chess variant.
- The time control is 'Fast' (10 days + 1 day/move, max 30 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by mirari.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to established players (members, or trial members playing for at least one month).
- The winner and first and second runners up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Master norm.
- The winner and first runner up in this tournament will earn a SchemingMind Senior Master norm.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.