This opening has me baffled... Standard Chess
I've only just started playing the KG - mainly as a way of countering increased frustration at centre-hugging strategies. It's fun and it's different and... I've certainly opened a can of worms here. But I'd like to practice it. Anyone else interested?
- This is a knockout tournament.
- The primary and tiebreak games are assigned at random and hidden until both are completed.
- This is a public mini-tournament, which means that it is open to all players meeting any criteria listed here.
- All games will be played under Standard Chess rules.
- The time control is 'Fast' (10 days + 1 day/move, max 30 days).
- Games will be public.
- This mini-tournament was started by The Darkening.
- This Mini-Tournament is only open to players rated 1600 or under.
- Games will be started before the closing date, as new players join the tournament.
This is a thematic tournament, all games will start after the following moves:
C30a: King's Gambit1. e4 e5 2. f4